Upcoming events and festivals information
Here we guide for the events, festivals, seasonal flowers and more for
this month and next month. If you have a plan to visit the area, don't
Colors-Fest Enoshima 2018 spring events
From April 14 to June 10, flower gardening, art exhibition and workshop,
and music and dance stage events will be held in Enoshima Island.
Most of this series of spring events are held at Samuel Cocking Garden
on top of the island area. The details of the events are follows.
Enoshima Flower Festa (Apr.14 - Jun.10)
- Decoration by the gardening in Samuel Cocking Garden, Kamegaoka Square,
Nakatsunomiya Square, Oiwayamichi way and Ryuren no Kane (Hill of love
bell). (mainly at Samuel Cocking Square and Nakatsunomiya Square)
- Windsor roses blooming at Windsor Square in Samuel Cocking Garden during the period.(From mid of May expected.)
Music and dance live stages
- Ruins of underground brick building greenhouse open to the public in the garden.
are held at the stage of Sea Candle.
- Enoshima Hula Paradise: 12:30 - 16:30 on Apr.21 (Sat)
- Shonan Sound Jam: 13:30 - 17:00 on May 4 (Fri)
- Sunset Lounge: 12:00 - 19:00 on May 12 (Sat) [*admission required]
- Aloha Sunset: 12:00- till sunset on May 19 (Sat) and 20 (Sun).
- Tahitian Sunset: 15:00 - 19:00 on May 26 (Sat)
Made in Enoshima
- Kansha69 @Enoshima: on Jun. 9 (Sat) Light-ballon art display and more events.
art exhibition and workshop at Sea Candle (Apr.21 - May 13)
Street Performance Festival
at Sea Candle and around (Jun.2 and 3)
Rose flowers are in bloom
Kamakura Museum of Literature
has a famous beautiful rosary in the garden and it will be a flowering
From May to June , the period of full bloom, Rose Festival will be held
here and also some concerts will be held on following schedule at the garden.
- From 14:00 (2:00pm) on May 20 (Sun)
- From 14:00 (2:00pm) on May 26 (Sat)
- 12:00 - 12:40 / 14:00 - 14:40 on May 27 (Sun)
*All concerts are free. (Admission to the museum is required.)
- From 14:00 (2:00pm) on June 02 (Sat)
You can see the rose flowers also in Samuel Cocking Garden on the top
of Enoshima Island same period.
Hydrangea flowers are beginning to bloom
Between the middle of June to the middle of July, Japan is in the rainy
season called "Tsuyu". There are lot of cloudy, rainy and humid
However, it is a hydrangea flower (Ajisai in Japanese)
that colors this season and shows beautiful sights. Especially in Kamakura
is a very crowded season with many tourists and photographers visiting
the sirines and temples to see this flower from early in the morning.
Hydrangea flowers bloom earlier than usual this year, in some places, it
is already beginning to bloom.
Please see our Hydrangea flower viewing spot guide
(*Note: There are no more hydrangea flowers in Jojuin Temple, one of the
famous spot in Kamakura before. )
Summer events & festivals schedule info
Some summer events and festivals schedule are beginning to be announced.
Swimming beach open
Tennosai Festival [天王祭]
Kamakura fireworks display [鎌倉花火大会]
- July 01 (Sun) - August 31 (Fri)
- 19:20 - 20:10 on July 24 (Tue) at Yuigahama Beach and Zaimokuza Beach